Monday, 28 September 2009

Klaus Voormann (OUGD101)

Not many people know the name Klaus Voormann, but a lot of people know this image:

'The Beatles - Revolver'

This image can be found at: http://1heckofaguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/revolver.jpg

Album artwork has always stood out for me in the context of Graphic Design since I was very young, although this cover in particular has only really come to my attention in the past 3 or 4 years or so when I first started listening to The Beatles.

The contrast of collage and drawing is great as it almost seems to tell a story and there is something that I really love about black and white Graphics. It's probably the striking contrast. Even better for me is the fact that this was hand drawn which is something I am very fond of.

Anyway... I love this piece of Graphic Design so much I have a massive poster of it on my wall. I think that makes a big statement about how I view it in Graphic Design!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment