Tuesday, 18 October 2011

david pearson - great ideas volume I

This is hands-down part of the series of designs that has influenced me in deciding to tackle my own book covers for Penguin books in my own brief. These designs have always caught my attention and - for me - are probably some of the best book covers I have seen and as a set, they work phenomenally well together. It is so simple that mainly the colour unites the designs together making them a set. Each over is exquisitely printed also with close detail paid to work in embossing and de-bossing in certain areas. The type is stunning on all of them with each cover echoing the essence of the writings themselves as well as the context of the time that they were written. This is perhaps one of my favourite pieces of print design I have come across in my time as a designer. Here are the covers and the set:























No comments:

Post a Comment